Debt Management Services
Debt is a widespread problem, with 9.5 million South Africans with diverse incomes and backgrounds having fallen into arrears on their debt repayments.
Debt management is a debt solution targeted at people who are in debt and are struggling to make debt repayments, but are not yet classified as over-indebted. The process involves helping clients who are facing financial difficulties to solve their debt problems and empower them to take back control over their financial situation by negotiating with creditors and initiating a payment plan. With the expert guidance of debt management consultants, clients are given an affordable, realistic and structured monthly budget and debt management plan to overcome their financial problems.
Benefits of debt management:
- Expert debt management consultants unbiased and expert advice on how to reduce debt and increase cash flow by managing debt
- Debt management services educate clients on how to reduce and manage debt, negotiate payment terms with creditors and constructively become debt free by gaining financial independence
- Debt repayment plans and budgets are tailored to the financial particulars of each individual client and aim to help clients keep control of their money and make well informed decisions about monthly debt payments
- Supplies clients with structured and helpful debt management tools needed to maintain financial independence
Debt Management Guide – Five Easy Steps
Step 1 – Contact Debtnett and speak to one of our expert debt management counsellors who will explain the advantages, process and cost savings debt management and will then send you an application form with the list of documents required to proceed.
Step 2 – Once all your documentation has been received and checked, we will do an assessment of your current financial situation and notify all your credit providers, of your successful application for debt management.
Step 3 – Your credit providers will send us all the necessary information they have regarding your debt ie. outstanding balances, interest rates, the monthly repayments and whether legal action has started. Once we have this information, we will discuss your budget and work out a repayment plan accordingly.
Step 4 – Negotiations will be made with your credit providers regarding repayments according to your proposed debt management plan and you will receive the details of where and when to make payments.
- Step 5 - Once all your debt is repaid or you are in a situation where arrears are paid up and you are able to pay the full original instalment, Debtnett will advise your credit providers.
Devoted to helping South Africans gain financial stability and solve their debt problems, Debtnett offers professional debt management services, as well as a wide range of other debt solutions to meet clients’ needs.